Best Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paid Versus Free Hosting

4 posters

Go down

Paid Versus Free Hosting Empty Paid Versus Free Hosting

Post by Ashley Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Do you prefer free hosting for your forum, or do you like advanced hosting better?

Me, I prefer advanced paid hosting better, as there are so many ways you can protect your forum that you couldn't do with free hosting, such as various anti-spam mods and such. Sure, it can be a pain to remember to update to the latest software, but it's worth it, as a software update more often than not means better security. I also like paid hosting better because you can customize it anyway you want to, and you can add any features you want as well. Whereas on free hosting, you request a feature and you'll sometimes here a refrain of, "while I like your feature idea and it's a good one, it won't be added as it won't benefit all the forums that are hosted with us". So I would say paid hosting is the best way to go. Also, I've heard that if you're on paid hosting, your paying out of your own pocket obviously, so bearing that in mind, most people are likely to keep up with their forums knowing that they have to pay to keep it up. So this is why I prefer paid hosting over free hosting. Although I have nothing against joining a forum on a free host. As a forum is not all about the host, it's all about the content and the community.

Ashley
Poster

Promotion Bucks : 25

Back to top Go down

Paid Versus Free Hosting Empty Re: Paid Versus Free Hosting

Post by Flame Hawk Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:27 pm

What hosting do you use?
Flame Hawk
Flame Hawk
Experienced Poster

Promotion Bucks : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:11 am

Flame Hawk wrote:What hosting do you use?

We're on Pluto Hosting, which is a paid host. They used to offer free packages, but they cut them out a while back and now only offer paid packages. It's well worth it, though, as I said in my first post, with paid hosting you can customize the forum anyway you want.

Ashley
Poster

Promotion Bucks : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by WarStopper Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

Well i agree that paid hosting is always better until the post to host i found a few weeks ago.

There the best in the world. 100% uptime and great hosting plans. They offer VPS servers, resellers and shared hosting all for just posts!

WarStopper
Poster

Promotion Bucks : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Flame Hawk Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Seriously???
Is it safe???
Link please!
Flame Hawk
Flame Hawk
Experienced Poster

Promotion Bucks : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by JPM Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Paid every time, better support, more secure, more stable - no contest.

JPM
New Poster

Promotion Bucks : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down